Friday, November 1, 2019

20A Growing Your Social Capital

Domain Expert:
1. Juan Robles, he is a cook for the Capital Hotel in downtown Little Rock.
3. I met him by chance on one of my translations jobs. While we were waiting to help others, he told me about his day job and how he loves to cook.
4. He told me that he's always looking to try new recipes and is up for a new challenge.
5. He would be an asset to my new business idea, for several reasons: one he knows how to optimally prep food in order to cook it in a short amount of time and my goal is to deliver within 45 minutes. Two, since he cooks for people everyday, he would know best how to season a dish so that the majority of people will be pleased.

Market Expert:
1. Wendell Thompson, he is a dentist in Little Rock.
2. I met him several years ago when we first started to go to church together.
4. He was helpful in determining the kinds of foods most people are able to enjoy after oral surgery and giving suggestions in others that I hadn't thought about.
5. Since my product would target those that would be sensitive to solid food, knowing a dentist and their network would be beneficial in aquiring a clientele pool.

Supplier Expert:
1. Sara Martin, she is a driver/deliverer for online groceries.
3. I met her at my job when I had to help dispense orders and I gave one to her for a home delivery instead of a pickup.
3. She was really nice and informative about how the home delivery system works and the distance from the store that she usually travels.
4. I am considering delivery my homemade meals to people directly to their homes and if that was the case I would need access to a third-party delivery service unless I was able to do it myself and she would be a good initial contact.

All these people were people that I already knew, however this exercise made me realize that someone I met by mere coincidence turned out to be someone who could be extremely beneficial for my service and made me realize that we're always networking, whether we acknowledge it in the moment or not. Due to this exercise, I will be more conscience about how someone will affect my network and be more considerate to those that I would not have previously considered important to my network,.

2 comments:

  1. You have a great source of social capital that can assist with your food service. I think also finding someone who is educated in a specific ingredients and food products you use would be valuable. You can understand if they are natural or not and target different demographics. I know some people are more sustainable and like to eat all natural compared to others. Overall great job!
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katia,
    i think reading your post and we both had something in common with the with people we have met not knowing they can benefit us with things we would like to pursue in the future. your post requires someone to be masterminded in food ingredients. this post is great.

    ReplyDelete